1. End tables are a handy way to bring balance to a living room layout that includes a sofa and coffee table.
2. The many styles of end tables fit well with both contemporary and traditional decor. Two common types of traditional designs, Shaker and Mission style end tables, are characterized by their slatted sides and wood construction.
3. End tables are most often chosen in styles similar to the coffee tables they'll be paired with. Metal, wood, acrylic, and woven types of end tables are sure to coordinate with a variety of other furniture styles.
4. Like coffee tables, end tables often feature a tabletop material that enhances the look of the base. Glass, leather, and marble are just a few of the unique materials that give end tables their distinct look.
6. As functional as they are beautiful, end tables are useful to set drinks on, store television remotes and magazines, or display a lamp or flower arrangement.
7. End tables can be used to help create a mood in a room. For example, one style of contemporary end tables features a lamp inside its opaque acrylic base and is a terrific way to cultivate a one-of-a-kind ambiance.