1. Coffee tables are available in a variety of shapes, from square and rectangle to round and oval, even triangular and abstract shapes. The shape you choose for coffee tables hinges mostly on the size and shape of the room and your personal tastes.
2. When choosing the material that forms the base of your coffee table, consider the decor of your home. Glass, acrylic, or metal coffee tables often fit best with contemporary decor, while wooden and woven bases are great for homes with a more traditional slant.
3. Many unique and interesting materials are used to make the tops of coffee tables. Choose from coffee tables with tabletops made of wood, fabric, glass, leather, stone, or rattan to coordinate with the rest of your furniture.
4. With hidden storage areas and a surface that can be elevated for laptops or TV trays, lift top coffee tables are multi-purpose furniture pieces extraordinaire. A lift top coffee table is a studio apartment space-saver.
5. Solid wood coffee tables will be durable and long lasting, as well as fit into several different types of home decor. Wood tends to look particularly attractive in Shaker, Mission, and traditional styles, but it can also enhance a variety of modern designs.
6. Storage coffee tables prove that sometimes the best place to hide things is right out in the open. Whether it features drawers or a trunk-style design, a storage coffee table keeps things serene and clutter-free.
7. Wood coffee tables are available in a variety of stylish finishes. For example, light maple finishes coordinate well with traditional interiors while homes with more modern decor benefit from the elegance of dark espresso finishes.
8. Quality coffee tables handcrafted by skilled artisans function equally as breathtaking art as they do functional furniture. These coffee tables are sure to be one of your family's treasured possessions for many years.
9. Black is always the new black. Black coffee tables are both chic and timeless, and they won't leave your future self wondering "what was I thinking?" Our black coffee table selection includes contemporary and traditional designs.
10. Change is good. If you rearrange your furniture often, then look for a coffee table with casters. Typically tucked out of sight, these handy wheels will reduce wear and tear on your floor - and your back.